Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 25th of June 2012
Special F/X News Journal complete set Sept/oct 87 to Jul/Aug 90
The Latest Special Effects Techniques Explained
Believe it or not, there once was a publication similar to AFN that was devoted to giving readers the most current special effects techniques used on stage and in the movies. Like a magician, most tricks were highly guarded personal secrets. Ed Bartek of Special F/X Inc. brought some of these techniques to light and explained them in a simple, jargon-free way.
Sadly, the publication only lasted 3 years and 18 issues in all. But we have them ALL, bound into a nice soft cover book. The cover price of each issue was $7.50 making this a $135.00 value.
Notice: LIMITED AVAILABILITY! Less than 100 copies were found in the archives.
Inside you will find:
- Flash Paper - the science and art in its manufacture, parts 1 thru 3
- How to build a time delay flash pot
- Book reviews
- Scented Black Powder
- How to build a flint flash candle
- Product review - The Amazing Plasma Ball
- Airburst Explosions
- "Blaster Ball" analysis
- How to build a theatrical self-lighting cross
- Product review - Golden Powder
- Trouble shooting tips on making a jet powered car
- How to make Green Flash Powder
- How to make a Dri-Chemical Fogger
- Tips on making a low cost FLASH GUN
- How to make Red Flash Powder
- How to make "Break-A-Way Glass" and Window Frame
- Spotlight on.....Industrial Light and Magic
- Tips on making a low cost Red Flamethrower Effect!
- How to make Blue Flash Powder
- How to make Detonator Props: FIRECRACKER AND SLAPSTICK
- A Shadow Screen Ghost Effect
- How to make Purple Flash Paper
- How to make two versions of a pressurized AIR CANNON!
- The mystical properties of Lycompodium Powder
- How to make Disposable Flash Pots and Confetti Launchers!
- Bizarre 100 year old Pyro helmet creates real flames from your head.
- Ok, I am as tired of typing as you are of reading this list. The above great articles were from only the FIRST 8 (eight) issue. Much, much more in the remaining 10.
Code No. 015611, $48.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales