Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 25th of June 2012
Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius
Here is everything needed to learn the fundamentals of solar energy and build real working projects that range in difficulty from simple ones that can be assembled in school to more complex ones such as converting a home to solar electricity.
- Due to the high cost of oil, there has been tremendous interest in alternative energy sources.
- Projects include solar heating, cooking, furnaces, engines, vehicles, robots, and more
- Includes money-saving coupons for solar energy projects and courses offered through the Centre for Alternative Energy
Let the sun shine on your evil side - and have a wicked amount of fun on your way to becoming a solar energy master! In this guide, the popular Evil Genius format ramps up your understanding of powerful, important, and environmentally friendly solar energy - and shows you how to build real, practical solar energy projects you can use in your home, yard - even on the road!
In Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius, high-tech guru Gavin Harper gives you everything you need to build more than 50 thrilling solar energy projects. You'll find complete, easy-to-follow plans, with clear diagrams and schematics, so you know exactly what's involved before you begin.
- Illustrated instructions and plans for 30 amazing pretested solar energy projects that assume no prior experience with energy science
- Explanations of the science and math behind each project
- Projects that progress in difficulty - from simple ones that may inspire science fair entries - all the way to converting a real home to solar energy
- Frustration-factor removal-needed parts are listed, along with sources-plus all the tools you'll need
Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius provides you with complete plans, instructions, parts lists, and sources for:
- Crushed berries solar cell
- Solar "death ray"
- Solar powered hot dog cooker
- Solar furnace
- Sun-powered refrigerator
- Camping shower, oven, and more
- Hot recipes for solar cooking
- Water purifier
- Garden lights
- Solar vehicle
- Environmentally friendly robot
- Much more!
Gavin D. J. Harper is the author of 50 Awesome Auto Projects for the Evil Genius, Build Your Own Car PC, and Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius (all from McGraw-Hill), and has had work mentioned in the journal Science. Harper holds a BSc. (Hons) Technology from the Open University, has completed an MSc. Architecture: Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies, and is currently undertaking further Postgraduate study with the Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology, Loughborough University.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Why solar?
- Chapter 2. The Solar Resource
- Chapter 3. Positioning Your Solar Devices
- Chapter 4. Solar Heating
- Chapter 5. Solar Cooling
- Chapter 6. Solar Cooking
- Chapter 7. Solar Stills
- Chapter 8. Solar Collectors
- Chapter 9. Solar Pumping
- Chapter 10. Solar Photovoltaics
- Chapter 11. Photochemical Solar Cells
- Chapter 12. Solar Engines
- Chapter 13. Solar Electrical Projects
- Chapter 14. Tracking the Sun
- Chapter 15. Solar Transport
- Chapter 16. Solar Robotics?
- Chapter 17. Solar Hydrogen Partnership
- Chapter 18: Photosynthesis--Fuel from the Sun
- Appendix A: Solar Projects on the Web
- Appendix B: Supplier's Index
Code No. 014069, 196 pages, ISBN 9780071477727, $44.95
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales