Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 20th of November 2012
Around the World by Stirling Engine by Brent H. Van Arsdell
This book is probably the best general book on Stirling engines. It not only explains how Stirling engines work, it also covers all the current power producing uses of Stirling engines along with how to contact the people who build them.
You can read the complete table of contents at the bottom of this section. This book covers everyting from Stirling engines in military submarines, to a Stirling engine that powers the rotisserie for an Oklahoma mechanic's barbecue.
"Stirling Engines Today - A Guide to Power-producing Stirling Engines and Who Is Building Them" is written by American Stirling Company president Brent H. Van Arsdell. Mr. Van Arsdell is a graduate of the University of Illinois with a degree in aeronautical and astronautical engineering. He recently wrote the section on Stirling engines in the three volume Macmillan Encyclopedia of Energy. He has been featured on MSNBC as well as in the Boston Globe, The Christian Science Monitor, CBS.COM the History Channel, and the New York Times.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Understand Stirling Engines in Ten Minutes or Less.
- Chapter 2 If Stirling Engines Are so Great, Why Don't I Have One in My Car?
- Chapter 3 The Most Dangerous Thing in the Ocean
- Chapter 4 The Ultimate Yacht-- A Stirling Powered Luxury Submarine
- Chapter 5 How Stirling Engines Silently Keep the Drinks Cold and the Guests Warm
- Chapter 6 Turning Sunshine into Power in Las Vegas
- Chapter 7 A Stirling Engine that Women Are Guaranteed to Want
- Chapter 8 Cut the Cord to Your Power Company
- Chapter 9 A Stirling Engine that Can Run on Corn Oil or Cow Chips
- Chapter 10 The Mountain Man's 2.5 hp Stirling Engine. Read a sample in .pdf format.
- Chapter 11 A Stirling Powered Rotisserie -- the Chicken Flinger
- Chapter 12 How to Clean up the World's Ten Most Polluted Cities
- Chapter 13 The Top Five Modern Uses for Stirling Engines
- Chapter 14 Stirling Engines -- from Macmillan Encyclopedia of Energy
Code No. 012127, 136 pages, ISBN 9780971391802, $33.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Hot Air Engine
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales