Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 25th of June 2012
Slide Valve Simply Explained
Written by W.J. Tennant.
Subtitled An Elementary Treatise for the use of Engineering Students.
First published in 1901, reprinted 1987.
This is a small but comprehensive book that covers all aspects of the steam engine slide valve.
The contents include:
- The simple slide
- The Eccentric
- Advance of the Eccentric
- Dead Centre - Order of Cranks - Cushioning - Lead
- Expansion - Inside and Outside Lap and Lead
- Double-ported and Piston Valves
- Effects of altering Valves and Eccentrics
- Link Motion
- Early cut-off and Reversing Gear
Code No. 001481, ISBN 0905100700, $13.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales