Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 25th of June 2012
CNC Simplified by Steve Krar, Arthur Gill & Peter Smid
The ever-increasing use of NC and CNC in industry has created a need for personnel who are knowledgeable about and capable of preparing the programs that guide the machine tools to produce parts to the required shape and accuracy. With this in mind, the authors have prepared this textbook to take the mystery out of CNC-to put it into a logical sequence and express it in simple language that everyone can understand.
Written by the authors of CNC Programming Basics: A Primer for the SkillsUSA/VICA Championships, this thorough reference covers everything from programming basics to bench-top teaching machines to industrial machines to milling and turning programming to an introduction to CAD/CAM.
- Each Section/Unit begins with an introduction, learning objectives, and key terms and ends with a summary and review questions.
- Fanuc Compatible programming, the accepted world standard, is used in programming examples.
- Codes in the program examples are explained as they are used.
- A screened section at the start of each Unit or programming exercise lists and explains the codes that are used for the first time.
- A comprehensive, illustrated glossary with many key terms depicted is provided as a reference.
- CAD/CAM lathe and mill program examples are provided, using easy-to-follow steps accompanied by computer screen displays.
- A CAD/CAM SOFTWARE PROGRAM, included in each book, makes it possible to design a part on the computer, generate machining codes, and simulate the tool path (cutting action) to check for programming errors.
- An overview of Virtual Reality NC is included, so students are aware of a new technology that is revolutionizing the designing and manufacturing of products.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to CNC
- Computers in Manufacturing
- How CNC Operates
- Programming Data
- Simple Programming
- CNC Machining Center (Mill)
- CNC Turning Centers (Lathe)
- CNC Manufacturing Outlook
Code No. 009143, 352 pages, ISBN 0831131330, $125.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales