Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 25th of June 2012
Modern Metalworking by John R. Walker
Modern Metalworking is a comprehensive text that introduces students to metalworking technology. It provides basic information about tools, materials, and procedures used in metalworking. It covers both hand and machine-tool operations, and supplies background knowledge on industrial equipment and processes. Text format uses a straightforward approach in short, yet complete units. Over 1500 photographs and drawings highlight important concepts and procedures. Authoritative content is clear and easy-to-understand.
- Safety information is highlighted throughout.
- Metalworking projects included in the text and Instructor's Manual.
- Research and development activities for each chapter.
- Photographs and color-coded drawings enhance understanding of material presented in the text.
- Hundreds of machining terms are clearly defined in an extensive Glossary.
- Plans for more than a dozen high-interest metalworking projects are included in the text.
- Technology and Careers
- Classifying Metals
- Understanding Drawings
- Safety Practices
- Layout Work
- Hand Tools
- Hand Tools That Cut
- Hand Threading
- Art Metal
- Sheet Metal
- Soldering and Brazing
- Sand Casting
- Metal Casting Techniques
- Wrought Metal
- Heat Treatment of Metals
- Gas Welding
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Other Welding Processes
- Metal Finishes
- Drills and Drilling Machines
- Sawing and Cutoff Machines
- Metal Lathe
- Cutting Tapers and Screw Threads on a Lathe
- Other Lathe Operations
- Broaching Operations
- Milling Machines
- Metal Spinning
- Cold Forming Metal Sheet
- Extrusion Processes
- Powder Metallurgy
- Nontraditional Machining Techniques
- Quality Control
- Numerical Control and Automation
Code No. 008154, 528 pages, ISBN 1566377102, $137.50
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales